What is the Teach in the USA Program?
A cultural exchange program category of US Department of State.
It allows teachers to work fulltime in a US school for up to 5 years with the same salary scale as US teachers.
Benefits of the program
- live and work in the USA legally for up to 5 years
- be paid on the same salary scale as US teachers.
- be able to bring your dependents to USA as well and they can work/study, too.
- be a highly demanded global teacher.
We embrace cultural exchange
- Public diplomacy
- Mutual understanding
- New cultures
- Lifelong friendships
- New perspectives
- World peace
February 1st: Applications open
June 14th: Applications close
July 15th – August 15th: U.S. arrival dates
August – May: U.S. school year
What to expect?
Approximate monthly expenses in USA.
- Automobile – $350 – $650
- Housing – $400 – $1,000
- Utilities – $100 – $175
- Cell phone – $50 – $100
- Food – $200 – $300
- Clothing – $50 – $100
- Travel/ Entertainment – $100 – $200
How it works?
Step 1: Application
Step 2: Evaluation
Step 3: Placement
Step 4: Visa
Step 5: Pre-Departure
Step 6: Arrival
There are opportunities to teach:
- Primary school
- World languages (Chinese, Spanish, ESL)
- Special education
Zero agency fees
- No application fee!
- No program fee!
- No job placement fee!
*** Prior to your arrival to USA, you will only pay your visa fee, flight ticket, health insurance and translation/notarization of your documentation.
- Education qualification equivalent to a USA bachelor’s degree
- Two years full-time teaching experience after date of Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced proficiency in oral and written English
- Credential evaluation from an approved USA agency
- You must also satisfy the certification requirements of the state you will work.
- Professional Profile Picture
- Professional References from Administrators
- Criminal Record Check
- Diplomas and Transcripts
- Certified Translation of any Required Documents
We make it safe and easy for you
Professional support to match best teachers and schools
Legal Assistance through J1 Visa Sponsorship and the Visa Process
Travel Assistance to the USA and Local Community
Home country and arrival orientations
Health Insurance Aid
Assistance for US Teaching License
7/24 Emergency support